You will need:
- Habitat picture page (Color
page or Black and white page)
- Box of animal crackers for each child or group
Objective: Students will
identify what habitats animals live in.
- Give each child (group) a box of animal crackers and a
habitat picture page.
- Have them sort the animals into the habitats they belong.
- Have the students discuss why the animals belong in the
habitats they put them in.
- Have students compare with another student or group.
- Use reference materials if they are not sure.
Optional Activity. Make
a graph with the data presented.
- Label the graph with a title.
- Label one side of the graph "Number of Animals".
- Label the bottom part of the graph "Habitats".
- List the habitats.
- Count the number of animal cracker animals in each habitat.
- Record on the graph.