This form can be used to create printable word search puzzles. Puzzles may be
generated in standard rectangular sizes, or in a number of other available pre-formatted shapes.
Puzzles may be printed in a variety of fonts, font sizes, colors and border options. Each puzzle
is generated with the list of hidden words below the puzzle on the first page, and the
puzzle solution on the last page.
Note that only a few word lists are available here. An abcteach
allows you to create any number of word search puzzles with your own lists of words.
Member-created puzzles are saved online and can be edited, reprinted, and shared with other members at any time.
Learn more about abcteach
To preview or print a word search:
- Pick a word list.
- Choose a puzzle shape by clicking 'Choose a new shape for your puzzle'.
- Make any changes to the display options you like (the defaults will work fine).
- Click on the "View Word Search" button.
To preview or print your puzzle, you must have
Adobe Acrobat Reader
installed on your computer.
The directions of the words hidden in the puzzle are determined by the 'Difficulty' setting as follows:
- Easy - Words are hidden left to right and down only.
- Medium - Words are hidden left to right, down, diagonally up from left to right, and diagonally down from left to right.
- Hard - Words may be hidden in any direction.
You may choose any available font size for the puzzle. Note, however, that the largest font sizes may cause
your puzzle to be larger than the available space on the page. If this happens, simply choose a smaller puzzle font size.
Large puzzles may take some time to generate (possibly up to 30 seconds). The largest puzzle grid is a 30x30
square. If you choose this shape for your puzzle, or a shape of comparable size, please be patient while your puzzle is being