abcteach Helphome >> Interactives and Powerpoint
To view a PowerPoint Presentation that you've downloaded from abcteach, you must have Microsoft Office (which comes with PowerPoint) or one of several free alternatives.
For Windows users:
The free PowerPoint Viewer allows you to play any .ppt (PowerPoint) file.
1. Visit the PowerPoint Viewer homepage.
2. Click the blue 'Download' button.
3. When asked if you want to RUN or SAVE this, click on 'RUN'. Your computer will then download and install the program. Restart your computer when you are done. If you have missed any steps in the installation of this program, restarting your computer will prompt you to finish it.
For Mac and Linux users:
The paid version of Microsoft Office (which comes with PowerPoint) is available for Mac users. This is the most compatible program for Mac users.
There are several free PowerPoint alternatives for both Mac and Linux. While free, these are not 100% compatible with all of abcteach's PowerPoint files. While you will be able to play .ppt files with these programs, some features may not work as intended, such as audio.
Free alternative #1: Open Office
1. Download Open Office
2. Once downloaded, install 'Open Office'
3. Once installed, open 'Open Office'
4. At the top of the screen select the 'File' menu, then 'Open', then select the PPT file you've downloaded from abcteach.
5. To play the PowerPoint slideshow, select the 'Slideshow' menu and choose 'Play Slideshow'
Free alternative #2: Google Documents
1. Visit the Google Docs homepage
2. Login with your Google account, or sign up for a free Google Account.
3. Once you are logged in, go to: https://docs.google.com
4. Click the "Upload" button in the top left side of the screen. Select a .PPT file from your hard drive.
5. Once your PowerPoint presentation is open, select the 'View' menu and choose 'Start Presentation' to play your slideshow.