abcteach is for use by parents, educators, and others over the age of 18. The materials made available by abcteach are intended to be used with and for children and students, among others, at the discretion and under the control, supervision, and direction of the parents, educators, and other adults who are members or subscribers to the Site.
You agree that you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms. We may, solely at our discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this web page, and you agree to be bound by these modifications or revisions. You should visit this page periodically to review the terms. From time to time, we will require that you confirm your agreement to the terms.
- Sharing of password or login information is strictly prohibited. Suspension of account access will result from sharing of this information. abcteach and abctools are registered trademarks.
- Worksheets that are available on abcteach may be printed for home or classroom use only. The abcteach copyright appears on every page; we require that this copyright remain in place on all reproductions.
- All of the material that is available on abcteach is intended for non-commercial educational purposes. You are welcome to link to abcteach from your own education website; however, uploading abcteach pages to your own site is a copyright violation and will be treated as such.
- Deep linking is not permitted. A "deep link" is a hyperlink that bypasses a website's home page and takes the user directly to an internal page. For example, instead of linking to the home page of a newspaper, a deep link might take the user directly to a newspaper article within the site. At abcteach, linking directly to a content page rather than the home page or a directory page is considered deep linking.
- Under no circumstances should the materials (including text, images, or site design) on abcteach be re-sold or re-distributed without the express permission of abcteach.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions that are not specifically addressed here.
- The content of documents and annotations that you create using abcteach's abcWorkshop online application is your sole responsibility and not that of abcteach. These annotations may include but are not limited to words, line drawings, and shapes. If any other person, including children or students, uses your member account to access abcWorkshop, you assume responsibility for any annotations that person makes.
- You are responsible for assuring that any documents or annotations created with this tool are appropriate, and you will not cause or permit the tool to be used to create harmful, vulgar, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate content.
- If you share an abcteach document with another person using abcWorkshop's email sharing features, you are solely responsible for the content of the email sent via abcWorkshop. You are also responsible for any annotations you have made to the abcteach document in question with abcWorkshop prior to sharing.
- You agree to be held responsible for the content of the annotations made by the third party with whom you've shared a document with abcWorkshop. If this third party is a child under the age of 13, you agree that you have obtained express consent from their parent or guardian(s) to share abcteach documents with this child prior to sharing the document via abcWorkshop, and for the use of any information concerning the child or his family in such documents.
abctools user-generated word lists
The content of user-generated word lists or content used in documents created with abcteach's abctools applications is your responsibility and not that of abcteach.
By posting information on or through our sites, you automatically grant abcteach a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the information, alone or as part of other works, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sub-licensees.
Clip Artabcteach clip art is for personal and classroom use only. It may NOT be used for:
- Commercial use.
- Widespread distribution.
- Web site design.
- Materials that are distributed electronically; web sites, e-mailed download, etc. Another clip art collections
abcteach will not knowingly send marketing or other messages to children. Nor does abcteach knowingly permit children to communicate through the Site or to provide personal information to us. While abcteach does not currently offer services or products that would permit children to provide Personal Information, if such services or products are subsequently offered, we will require express parental permission.
Types of Information abcteach Does and Does Not Collect
- Member Registration Information. abcteach collects and stores certain information that members, subscribers, and users of the site are required to provide in registering for or subscribing to the Site. Such information can vary depending on the nature of the account, and may include personal identifying information such as name, email address, school or district information, physical address, etc.
- Electronic Payment and Credit Card Information. abcteach currently utilizes third party providers to handle electronic and credit card payment transactions, and abcteach does not itself collect or store information concerning such payments. If you want to review the privacy policies of such third party service providers, please request contact information for those providers by contacting abcteach at the one of the addresses given below.
- Payments by Check or Bank Transfers. abcteach does accept payments by check, bank transfers, and otherwise, most often from schools and districts. We do collect and maintain information about such payments.
- Information about Usage of the Site. We collect information on usage of the Site, which may include pages visited, and downloaded, time on site, identifying information about the uses, etc.
- Information derived from use of ABCTOOLS and abcWorkshop and other abcteach services and products. If a member or others introduce information into the system by utilizing any of abcteach's services or products including ABCTOOLS or abcWorkshop, it is possible such information will be gathered or stored. You represent, by using or permitting such use of the Site by yourself or by others or by children, that any personal information that may be included in such usage is used with permission and authority, including parental consent, and that you represent to us and our service providers that we are permitted to use the information.
How We Use Information
abcteach may use personal information for any legally permissible purpose, including the following:
- Registration and use of the Site.
- Payment for membership or subscriptions or products or services.
- Internal business purposes.
- Newsletters distribution.
- Special offers and marketing relating to abcteach.
- Customer service and problem resolution.
- Enforcement of abcteach intellectual property rights and membership terms and conditions.
- Responding to legal process or governmental requests for information.
- As required under applicable law or regulations.
- In connection with possible future transactions affecting abcteach, such as the sale of the Site, or mergers, sales of assets, reorganizations, etc. , in which event all or a part of stored information including member and user information may be transferred to a successor business or website operator.
- As we may require in connection with specific services and products, current or future.
Children's Privacy Notice
Children under the age of 13 are not requested to provide any personal information while using the Site. However, to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will obtain the consent of Parents in order for children under 13 years of age to use the Site in any manner that could result in the submission of personal information. If a member, teacher, or parent uses the site or any of its tools or products in a manner by which a child could disclose personal information to others, it shall be a representation by that member, teacher or parent that the child's parent has expressly authorized such use and has expressly authorized abcteach to collect, store, and distribute the child's personal information to other users of the Site. Additionally, such personal information may be collected or stored by the cookies and other technologies described above. Parents may contact abcteach at the addresses provided below.
abcteach attempts to secure its information and that of others by using reasonable safeguards and procedures. However, no internet or electronic data communication, transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. For that reason, abcteach cannot and does not guaranty the security of information transmitted to or shared with us. You use the Site and provide and share information at your own risk. If you have questions or concerns, you should not submit or share personal information or other sensitive information.
Links to Other Sites
Consent to Transfer of Information to the United States and to the Application of U.S. Law and Jurisdiction
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless abcteach, and all related parties and services from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action, or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of our sites.
Use of this service is on an "as-is" basis. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. Any contact with any agents of this service, either in person or through electronic means does not create a warranty.
Questions and concerns should be directed to our General Counsel, whose email address is email@example.com. Alternatively, first class mail addressed to General Counsel, ABCTEACH LLC, care of Bodman PLC, 1901 St. Antoine Street, Detroit, Michigan 48226.